Volunteering has many benefits. It gives people self-confidence and satisfaction, social contact, the ability to use previously established skills or develop new ones, a chance to follow your passion and a possible start to paid employment.
Volunteering is flexible and will fit around your existing committments. The Peel Volunteer Resource Centre have volunteering opportunities that range from 5 minutes per day to 1 hour a week, 1 day per week or once a year – the opportunities are endless!
Have you been thinking of volunteering yourself? Things to consider:
- What do I want to get out of volunteer work?
- What type of voluntary work would I like to do?
- Can someone benefit from my experience?
- What time do I have available – weekdays or weekends? What about evenings?
- What interests/hobbies do I have that I would like to engage in more?
- Is there a career/industry that I can gain knowledge about through volunteering?
The whole world is yours to explore and volunteering can help you figure out how to do so.
Please click here for a list of CURRENT VOLUNTEER VACANCIES in the Peel Area, using the 6210 postcode to search through vacancies. If no suitable positions are found, come in and see us – we often have additional volunteer vacancies that we are happy to tell you about!
If you would like to learn more, please contact us on 9581 1187 or follow the links on this website.
Steps to becoming a volunteer:
You can call our office on 9581 1187 and make an appointment to come into our office to view the file featuring all the volunteering opportunities in the Peel region.
- You can send an expression of interest in a particular job on govolunteering.com.au after which, we will contact you about an appointment or details via phone or e-mail.
- You will be required to fill out a referral form and send it back to us.
- The company you’re interested in volunteering with will be contacted and arrangements made for an interview.